Monday, November 8, 2010

Email #32
November 8th 2010
FAMILY-
Beej- You think like me. I would love to continue recieving 'worldy updates' haha they aren't worldy they are 'unmissionly' and I reserve p day to be able to think about the jazz and what not... loved seeing the truck! It also gives you and your comp something to talk about in hours of quiet ya know? I LOVED reading about the time you spend with your little doll . . and that picture...haha I can imagine you just looking at her in awe and then givving her a thousand kisses as I am sure you did. I will continue to pray for you and nean and Linny! Love you all : ).

Mother! I already wrote your letter today, the problem is finding somewhere to mail.. but it will happen don't worry! I thought about a few more things for the big day. Deodorant, gold bond, dried mangos.... just three things that are really luxuries so don't even worry if they don't fit in that envelope or something. Just a litle calendar that I can store easy, not to hang up but just to have like a timeline of when things happen! The biggest thing you can remember is that I like surprises more than getting something I asked for! ... that must be hard.. sorry! haha. Both pairs of myshoes are breaking through on the bottom so I send you a picture of both. . . don't worry, I don'y feel it and those insoles are saving me, but I figured we might as well take advantage of the warranty sooner or later right? I spent 3 hours cleaning today, I really like it haha. I made a table for the food in our kitchen, cleaned the outside laundry room, created an area to do dips (an exercise), swept, made a new sink, fixed a shower head with a plastic bag and electrical tape (I'll send a picture it is sweet!), and we fixed the microwave that was in the closet haha. WEW!

Thanks for you Words of inspiration Hales. I need to always remember that each of us truly is broken, but the Lord loves us anyways. I had a specific person in our ward come to mind when I read that passage. . .I will try and see that person through His eyes. Love you Hales.
Heidi - Thanks for you e-mail and the pictures too... I will certainly be printing that one of the whole family and I have already added Jacie to the album : ) I as well am truly grateful for your husband, and all husbands truly, who know their role as father and priesthood holder in a home. That is something we don1t see much here in brasil... too many family with mother, kids, and maybe a stepfather, but usually not. Thanks to all of you, I am glad the blessing was such a great experience! I can't wait for Christmas! Will my english have an accent? I don't think so! Love you all. - Elder Johnson

PS Didn't get any Jazz or byu updates... ; ) haha. If someone has a picture of the gold truck on the computer or my moto It be sweet to have one!



PSS met an eler griffin from yorbalinda who is crazy haha and knows everyone we know there! (well that you all know, and that saw me in diapers)

ALL
Well everything is Hunky Dory! I am getting to know my new area, and we were even blessed with a baptism this week. We are trying to work a lot more with the members... we KNOW that they are a great source and can create a lot of success. I met a family this week that was baptized 2 months ago, and had waited 10 years to become part of the church (waiting for the missionaries). The father is already elders quorum president and she is already teaching relief society... their son that is 11 bore his testimony Sunday as well and told everyone what was up... what a stud. His name is tchaully, pronounced CHARLEY. Soon he will be a faithful member of the deacons quorum. But why are they moving so fast in their progress? They REALLY GET IT. THey know what it means to be members of the church. It is no small thing. It is not a joke. It is a great blessing, responsilbity and duty, and it is not to be taken lightly. It must come first in all we do, and they truly understand that. My testimony was truly strengthed by just meeting this family and feeling their testimonies through who they are and how well they understand that the church is not something that we throw into the space the is leftover at the end of the day, but it is truly in 1st place!
Being in my first 'new area' I have come to know a little bit more of what love is. Thinking about those people in my first area that were so blessed to be baptized into the church, and that expressed testimony through words and notes. I truly have a love for them that is different than any other. They will remain in my prayers always.

My comp is a goon and I love him haha. Elder Deffense is a hardcore surfer with a bright mind and a great way with people and children. His innerchild just might be a little more visible than that of others. This week he chased a cat, scared a dog, almost caught a duck, smacked a cow,

SideNote- a drunk man asked us yesterday if we wanted to purchase 'his dog' yesterday. AKA the stray dog on the street laying in front of him. haha "Sorry, we can't buy your dog sir ; )"

A boy (14) asked us the other day how long women stay pregnant in the USA. . hahaha isn't that something that is worldwide?

I decided I want a sweet bird when I come home... that sings beautifully, it reminds me of my grandfather, my Dad, and the amazing wonders that the Lord has created for us!

I love you all... stay safe, be strong, love your moms, and be anxiously engaged in a good cause!
-Elder Johnson







No comments:

Post a Comment