Monday, October 11, 2010



Taylor’s Email

October 11, 2010

Fam-

Hey, how cool that Grandpa Greaves is going to close on something in St. George! All the wild traveling starts when I leave! haha But I am doing my own wild traveling here : ) Mom, thanks for the update, I will probably get the package next transfer because we don't have much access to the mission head quarters here.... 8 hours away! Heidi thanks for the pictures of your sweet little girl, she is beautiful! And if I haven't said it yet, I love her name as well! Have you been able to use the camera a little? Use your creative side a bit? I had the distinct memory of your toast and honey nut cheerios yesterday haha funny what smells can bring to mind! Dad! Thanks for the updates on the football and of course the spiritual insights... I took a picture of the screen so I can reread a little later. Super exciting with BYU and it is super weird to think about the Bruins! But REALLY good to hear about them. I brought one of my shirts from high school and today I ended up trading it with a Brasilian in our Zone that liked it a lot haha. I'll miss it, but I have to move on from high school ; ) I hope you all have a GREAT October and Halloween including Heidi! Now you are going to HAVE to like it...with a little girl that is going to want to be a princess here in a little while! I'm sure Hallie made a darling sixties girl and rumor has it that Lynnie is going to make a one of a kind peacock! This year I'll dress up... But it won't be that hard... I'll put my name tag on, and probably teach a missionary lesson or two ; ) Hales! You make me laugh... I am glad the GAME was one of a kind... and I hope with all my heart that you get to go to the concert with your beloved David! I am sure it will be AWESOME...a spiritual feast if we let it. Thinking about that, I remember the words of President Eyring when he said that if will seek the will of the Lord in every talk, prayer, and song of this conference, we will find it! The Lord speaks in many ways, and without a doubt music is one.... you have an amazing talent Hales, and an amazing testimony to go with it. I wish you the best in finding that lucky guy : D and also in your studies, work, friendship, calling, etc..... that goes for all of you. My love to all. - Elder Johnson

ALL -

Well this week was another of miracles. We had a great Super pday today. . . went to a resort and played soccer, hiked an awesome trail and enjoyed an amazing view... I got sunburned for the first time! I also traded my MV shirt to one of the Brazilians in our Zone. . .Sad, but I had to move on haha.

First miracle. We went to work again this week, inviting people to be baptized, to repent, and also to visit the church...to start a journey that we know they will never want to end. . . We were blessed with the presence of 20 investigators at church this week. We got up at 5;50 in order to head out early and remind people about church. The Lord helped us without a doubt. It was fast Sunday and we hadn't eaten, but He gave us strength and neither of us were feeling lack of missionary ZIP!. . . He even sent some rare clouds : ) In short, many people made it on there own, many were waiting for use, and we were able to remind a lot as well. The total number of people in sacrament was 88.... 20 were our investigators. I just want to remind all of you that your presence at church does not go unnoticed, nor uncounted. We cannot afford to miss church on Sunday, particularly our designated ward. Do all you can to strengthen those who need YOU! It was a wonderful Sunday!

2nd- We have an investigator that we are helping quit smoking. She is progressing little by little and doing well (The same one who spat the dentures). Every time we pass it seems as if her sister doesn't want us to be there...Elder Stocking and I both felt that way. The other day she said she wanted to talk to us. We had no Idea what it might be. She pulled us aside, and basically broke down. In short she told us that she is taking care of her mom, sister, niece, and house... alone, and that it has been really tough. She thanked us for what we are doing and told us that everything has gotten better since we (the gospel) entered into their lives, even the health of Her mother, whom we only greet each time we visit. We all carry the spirit, and a message that is priceless and precious. I know that it is not us, but it is the gospel, the small and simple things that we have asked them to do, that has made all the difference.

STORY! REALLY FAST... the other day we were teaching Maria Fabricia and Fernana (who will all be baptized this week.... an AWESOME family that was found through a simple invite to family night) and something hilarious happened. Out of nowhere 10-12 little kids(a majority without shirts and pants) ran in the front door asking for us to speaking English. I told them we were going to pray first and asked them if they would like to participate... we all bowed our heads crossed our arms and I prayed a simple prayer. 3 of us said amen... and quickly the children follow suit. But they went beyond the mark. It happened like popcorn! amen, amen amen, amen AMEN AMEEEENN... until they were ALL screaming amen and creating a small mosh pit in the front room. Elder Stocking and I were dying with laughter.... it all ended with the grandmother of the house running in with a broom stick and chasing all of them out. I love being a missionary!

I know this church is true, many have suffered and died for it, and I am willing to do the same...it is my life, It is number one , there is nothing more important and nothing will ever come before it...

My Love - Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment